Tuesday 11 October 2011

WOW! What a Day.......

Well Done Helen on completing the London Parks Marathon........
In her own words.........
Wow, what a day!  When i left home I had thought I would be walking over the finishing line as I hadn’t had a lot of time to train recently.  But it was a beautiful day in London, a great temperature to run in (not too hot, not not too cold) and no rain. There were +11 thousand runners in all.. that’s a lot of runners!  It was really exciting at the start and there was so much energy as everyone got ready to set off ..it was also very humbling to see how many people were running to raise money for so many great charities… I was thrilled to be running for UDS.


It’s called the London Parks Marathon as the route takes you around Green Park, Hyde Park and St James’ Park, a really pretty route with loads of supporters lining the route shouting encouragement.  It also includes running past Buckingham Palace and around Trafalgar Square, good fun as it’s not every day you get to stop the London traffic and do that!

Needless to say I was delighted as I managed to run the full 21km (on my recent training that was quite an achievement) .  I loved it and love running for UDS -  a huge thank you to those who have sponsored me… it meant a lot to me and I know your money together with Microsoft’s matching will go a long way to help the people in Uganda who UDS touch.
Thanks
Helen

Helen's Just Giving page is still available for anyone who would still like to support her. http://www.justgiving.com/runlondonUDS

If  Helens challenge excites you and you think it would be something that you would like to do.

Take a look at this link http://www.halfmarathonlist.co.uk/london-half-marathon.php and think about Running the London Half Marathon for UDS in 2012. If you apply please let us know as we would love to follow you and your training program.

No comments:

Post a Comment